Dr. Bruce D. Moffatt, MD
Bruce D. Moffatt, M.D.
- American Board of Neurological Surgery
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
- Society for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Medical degree, University of South Florida College of Medicine
- Residency, The Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Fellowship, Rhode Island Hospital/ Brown University
After completing residency training in neurological surgery at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, Maryland, and a neurosurgical trauma fellowship at the Rhode Island Hospital in Providence, Rhode Island, Dr. Moffatt entered private practice in Southern California. He became board-certified in neurological surgery and traveled to Orlando, Florida, in 1996.
Dr. Moffatt’s practice combined both brain and spine surgery through most of his career. He moved to Virginia Beach, Virginia, and began specializing in complex spine surgery, spinal instrumentation and fusion. He then spent eight years improving his approach to minimally invasive spine surgery at a major outpatient surgery center before practicing with Laser Spine Institute in Scottsdale, Arizona, for a number of years.
He brings a wealth of knowledge and years of surgical experience to Phoenix Spine and feels this is a perfect fit for his unique approach to spine surgery. His philosophy is to make each patient an expert in their own spinal circumstances and to realistically set their expectations as to what both surgical and nonsurgical interventions can produce.